Life can be a struggle. I like to say it’s a beautiful struggle to improve and still enjoy your life. The struggle itself is typically how to stay positive and avoid negative thoughts when life is hard. There are some easy ways to avoid burnout, improve your relationships, focus on your health and even use time management to embrace life! Add in some daily self love and time to find your passion and you will truly be able to love your life and still focus on self improvement. Keep scrolling for 55 tips on how to enjoy life and be happy with the life you’ve built.
Finding balance between the reality of the life you have and your dreams for the life you want to live can be difficult.
If you take it one day at a time, live in the moment and give yourself permission to be who you are you will find satisfaction with what you have now. The ultimate goal is to enjoy your life! Keep scrolling for 55 self improvement tips to enjoy your life.
If you haven’t yet, be sure to read my post on How To Enjoy Your Life that is paired with this post!
Disclaimer: Affiliate links are used on my website. If you purchase a product or service via my link I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I love, use and believe in. You can read my full disclosure here.
SAVE THIS POST FOR LATER
- SAVE THIS POST FOR LATER
- Daily Self Care Ideas to Avoid Burnout
- Tips To Improve Your Relationships
- Focus on Your Health Tips
- Time Management Tips To Win The Day
- Show Self Love Ideas
- How To Find Your Passion: Questions To Ask Yourself
- How To Use Self Improvement To Enjoy Life
- Self Care, Productivity, Personal Growth and Healthy Mindset Coach
Daily Self Care Ideas to Avoid Burnout
The best way to avoid ever being in danger of burnout is to take the time to focus on self care daily. Really, just avoid ever getting there whenever possible.
10 Ways to use self care to avoid burnout and improve your quality of life
- Take a Little Time to Pamper Yourself
- Everyone needs a little TLC or time to pamper yourself. You can do a home spa day, get a manicure, use a facial mask or just take a bubble bath. Just build in a little pamper me time in your busy weekly routine. Physical self care is critical to your good quality of life!
- Use Essential Oils
- There is just something about your sense of smell that has a huge impact on your attitude, mindset and how you feel. Try using essential oils to create the mood you want to manifest!
- Looking for some Essential Oils or a diffuser? Pick yours up at Plant Therapy.
- Keep a Daily Journal
- Writing in a journal is therapeutic and allows you to work through things you didn’t even know you needed to work out.
- This is my favorite journal! If you prefer to use journal inserts in your planner check this one out!
- Do A Self Care Challenge
- There’s no better way to start making self care a habit than to follow a plan to include something every day!
- Participate in a self care challenge to make focusing on you and your needs a priority!
- Practice Daily Gratitude
- Life can throw some pretty serious crap at you. One of the best ways to avoid having a victim mentality is to focus on gratitude.
- Intentionally choosing to shift your mindset to things you’re thankful for is not only therapeutic, it can be a lot of fun!
- Check out this post all about How To Practice Daily Gratitude & Appreciate Life
- Clear Your Mind
- When you are living a busy lifestyle it’s normal to build up some mental clutter. You know, all of those things that keep eating away at you and distracting you from the things you need to do.
- Reset your mind and clear mental clutter to reset your day.
- Focus On Your Financial Self Care
- Grab a budget planner and get your finances straightened out.
- It feels amazing knowing you’re working towards your financial goals!
- Stop Procrastinating
- Procrastination is one of the fastest ways to cut your productivity down and does nothing for your sense of accomplishment.
- Read all about procrastination and how to stop here!
- Make Sleep A Priority
- Your body needs time to rest and prepare for tomorrow.
- Give your body the rest it needs to fuel your day!
- Read all about it here.
Want to find more ways to focus on self care? Read this post on 73 Life-Changing Self Care Ideas Every Woman Should Try.
Tips To Improve Your Relationships
There are so many relationships that need your attention. When you’re a busy woman and you feel like your time isn’t your own, that can be overwhelming!
You have your partner, kids, family, friends, co-workers and lots of other people in your life that all demand your attention. Want to really enjoy your life? Focus on ways to improve your relationships!
10 ways to improve your relationships and ultimately enjoy your life
- 5 Love Languages
- If you are in a committed relationship definitely read 5 Love Languages with your partner.
- It’s an amazing way to really learn what makes your partner tick and they learn what drives you at the same time!
- Check out 5 Love Languages here
- Plan A Girl’s Night
- Everyone needs some time with the girls
- GIrl’s night doesn’t have to be manicures and massages (but totally can be if that’s your thing). If horror movies are your thing, plan a movie night with your friends! Just spend time with friends that aren’t your life partner.
- Go On A Picnic Lunch
- You can go old school and make the meal for your picnic or pick up some sushi or salad, but find a nice spot and go for a picnic!
- Be sure to soak in the sights and use all of your senses to enjoy the experience.
- Send A Letter To Someone Special
- Yes, I mean literally write (on paper) and send a letter to someone you haven’t talked to in a while.
- You may even send it to someone you talk to often.
- Imagine getting mail that wasn’t a bill or junk mail! It puts a smile on their face.
- Send it on some cute stationery paper! Check these out!
- Listen With Intention
- When you’re communicating with people throughout the day, focus on listening with intention. Hear what’s being said with no filter of your own perspective.
- Communication with others will improve and your relationships will improve with them.
- Avoid Verbal Altercations
- When a conversation elevates to the point of being a fight, the productivity or positive outcome is lost. No one wins.
- Focus on hearing, responding calmly and being ok with disagreeing with the person on the other end of the conversation.
- Forgive Others
- We talked about forgiving yourself, now let’s talk about forgiving others.
- This can be hard… REALLY hard. Focus on this. Not allowing yourself to forgive others gives that “thing” that you aren’t forgiving undo power over your life. Forgive, walk away, move on.
- Check Your Expectations
- Compromise is NOT 50/50. Should it be (in an ideal world)? YES! Is it? NOPE… So manage your expectations and be willing to give a little more sometimes because you’ll need them to do the same someday.
- Say What You Mean & Mean What You Say
- Stop getting upset with people for not understanding what you didn’t actually say.
- If you don’t want to do something, be willing to say so or don’t get upset when your secret message was never sent.
- Date Your Partner!
- Do not fall into the trap of not dating your partner!
- Kids, no kids, work, no work… it doesn’t matter.
- Cost is not a factor! You can plan free or cheap date nights with your partner.
- Check out these fun date night games & conversation cards for your next date night!
Check out these posts on Healthy Relationships!
Focus on Your Health Tips
Maybe you are one of those people that just naturally loves to focus on your health. If so, count your blessings. Either way, making your daily health a priority will help you be able to truly enjoy your life.
10 ways to focus on your health, improve your quality of life and even better…. Enjoy your life
- The Scale Is Not Your Friend
- Now, having been overweight I know the scale matters. What you shouldn’t do is weigh yourself every day!
- You know by how your clothes fit and how you feel whether you are gaining weight. Don’t hyper-focus on the scale!
- Get Healthy For Yourself
- If you are focusing on getting healthy for your partner, friend, parent (anything fits here) that isn’t you… it won’t work!
- You may see a change but it won’t stick if you aren’t committed to it for yourself!
- Healthy Mindset Is Critical
- Having a healthy mindset towards yourself is a must!
- I lost just under HALF of my body weight after years of struggling when I finally adopted a healthy mindset. Read all about it and see pictures here!
- Oh, by the way… I have no thyroid, family history of obesity, and a long list of other risks. It’s possible folks!
- Try A Home Workout
- Don’t let bad weather prevent you from getting the exercise your body needs.
- Check out this home workout!
- Use a Vision Board
- Document your health goals on Vision Board
- You can use a digital vision board template or create one with clippings.
- Whatever you do, put it where you see it every day!
- Stay Active
- This one is simple… just move more!
- Whatever you do now, just increase it a little each day!
- Read more about ideas to get active here.
- Listen To Your Body
- Your body will tell you when it needs a break!
- Feeling especially tired? Take it easy on your activity for the day.
- Avoid Fast Food
- Want to get healthy? Stay away from fast food restaurants.
- Take a few minutes to look at the nutritional information for your favorite fast food meal… it’s not good.
- Drink More Water
- Avoid sugary drinks altogether but definitely increase your water intake!
- For every alcoholic drink try having two glasses of water between each one.
- Watch a Healthy Lifestyle Documentary
- If you really want to stay committed to your healthy lifestyle choice, solidify that choice by watching healthy lifestyle documentaries.
- You will understand the why behind your decisions and staying committed will be WAY easier when you know the truth about your health.
Check out this post on living a Healthier Lifestyle
Time Management Tips To Win The Day
If you want to start with something that has an instant impact on your quality of life, focus on your time management habits.
10 Ways to use time management to improve your quality of life and really feel satisfied with your day
- Start Using a Personal Planner
- The best way to manage your time is to use a personal planner!
- Look for one that has your self care time built in, the option to plan daily, weekly and monthly and has space for notes & prioritization of daily tasks.
- Check out my favorite planner here. It’s the one I use all the time and LOVE!
- Use a Cleaning Checklist
- Cleaning your house can feel like a never ending time suck that is constant repeat mode.
- Use a cleaning checklist to finish all your cleaning in a small window of time daily so you can enjoy your day!
- Use To-Do Lists
- To – do lists are a lifesaver!
- Prioritize the tasks you need accomplish throughout the day/week
- Use A Meal Planner
- If you’re busy you are probably eating out more than you would like.
- Use a meal planner and try some crock pot meals to simplify your life!
- Wake Up Early
- I know, waking up early (if you despise mornings) seems like a big ask but starting your day earlier will make your day SO MUCH more productive!
- Start A Morning Routine
- Really this is one of the best ways to focus on self improvement. A healthy morning routine will have you increasing productivity, feeling better and generally having a better outlook on life!
- Use An Evening Routine
- It only makes sense to end your day with healthy habits that help you enjoy your life a little more every day!
- Read my post on an Evening Routine to Wake Up Rested here!
- Work Smarter NOT Harder
- Want to really have time to enjoy your life? Stop trying to work harder and start working smarter!!
- I feel so strongly about it I wrote a whole post about Working Smarter Not Harder. Read it here!
- Stop Multi-tasking
- Contrary to popular belief, multi-tasking is NOT productive
- Want to get more done? Focus on one thing at a time.
- Focus On Starting
- Ok, it’s really about just getting started and the rest will happen
- It goes along with the whole stop procrastinating thing… just get started! The rest will work itself out
Show Self Love Ideas
In theory, the idea of taking the time to show self love is great. In practice, it can be really hard to do. Especially when you’re busy.
10 Ways to show self love & enjoy life
- Practice Positive Affirmations Daily
- Using positive affirmations every morning is a great way to focus on having a positive mindset and showing self love.
- Here are some great positive affirmations to get you started!
- Meditate or Pray Daily
- Everyone needs some time to peacefully disconnect from the chaos of life. Take a few minutes during your morning routine, evening routine or even during lunch to meditate or pray.
- Stop Negative Self Talk
- Here’s the thing… if you wouldn’t say it to a friend, you shouldn’t say it to yourself.
- Catch yourself using negative self talk? Try coming right back with something good. No exceptions!
- Don’t Compare Yourself to Others
- They aren’t you and you aren’t them. Their story is their own just as yours is uniquely yours.
- Want to love your life? Stop comparing it to people who’ve had different experiences and struggles.
- Get Out
- This is intentionally vague. Basically, take yourself just outside of your comfort zone from time to time.
- It’s good for the soul!
- Hang Out With Some Kids
- Kids have a way of seeing things in the simplest and truest form.
- Want to appreciate life and eliminate the clutter? Try seeing it through a child’s eyes.
- This may seem slightly counterintuitive but bear with me. Doing for others is a great way to feel a deep sense of satisfaction and belonging.
- Sometimes it’s just really good to do something good and kind for others.
- Ditch The Negative Nancy’s
- I have a Nancy in my life that I love dearly. I don’t mean ditch everyone named Nancy. What I do mean is ditch the nay-sayers.
- You know them, the ones who are always doom and gloom. It’s not worth it. Create some space.
- Practice Healthy Boundaries
- Boundaries are things you needed and looked for even as a child. As living beings we need them.
- As adults, you get to decide what those boundaries are. Use them!
- Set boundaries with people, technology, time indoors, you name it…
- Forgive Yourself
- One of the biggest mistakes you might be making is to hold yourself hostage to mistakes you’ve made.
- You are human and you’re going to make mistakes. The only time this is a problem is when you don’t learn or care to learn from them.
How To Find Your Passion: Questions To Ask Yourself
You may be thinking, “What in the world does finding my passion have to do with improving the quality of your life?” But, it’s one of the most important things you can do to find happiness and satisfaction in life.
Here are 5 questions to ask yourself to help find your passion
- What topic do I love to think about?
- When I dream about the future, what do I see?
- Who do I look up to most?
- What do I respect about them?
- What do I love to do when I have free time (or if I HAD free time)?
Sometimes, the answers to these questions can help you find your passion in life. I have a whole post on finding your purpose that relates back to finding your passion.
How To Use Self Improvement To Enjoy Life
Self growth or self-improvement is all about honestly looking at where you are and how you got there. Then, making decisions about how to move forward to reach the goals that you’ve set for yourself.
No one can tell you what right looks like for you except for YOU! Don’t let other people’s opinions about what you should do, when and how you should do it dictate your life. It’s all about self-reflection and self-awareness.
Improve your quality of life by; focusing on daily self care to avoid burnout, improving your relationships, focusing on your health, using time management to win the day, definitely show self love and finally…. Find your passion!
Finally, and most importantly, remember that this is your life and you deserve to be fulfilled by it.
SAVE THIS POST FOR LATER
OTHER POSTS YOU’LL LOVE
Self Care, Productivity, Personal Growth and Healthy Mindset Coach
Let me deliver my latest blog posts directly to your inbox!
Enter your name and email below to subscribe to my weekly healthy mindset newsletter.
Be sure to comment down below on how you focus on self improvement to enjoy your life. What do you struggle with?
Let’s encourage each other through this process!
This post was all about improving your quality of life by; focusing on daily self care to avoid burnout, improving your relationships, focusing on your health, using time management to win the day, definitely show self love and finally…. Find your passion!
Leave a Reply