Having a healthy morning routine for success is important to start your day off right. A simple morning routine can make all the difference in how much and how efficient you are throughout the day!
Do you struggle with feeling frazzled or rushed in the morning? I have been a HUGE believer in having a morning routine for a LOT of years. Literally all of the good things I have accomplished can be linked back to my morning routine. All it takes is a few days of really committing to having a healthy morning routine for success and you will never go back!
This post will walk you through some of the best morning routine ideas and includes a free morning routine checklist at the bottom of the post as well.
Disclaimer: Affiliate links are used on my website. If you purchase a product or service via my link I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I love, use and believe in. You can read my full disclosure here.
You may be thinking, what exactly does a morning routine consist of?
The answer is so simple… Having a morning routine means going through a specific series of events and/or processes with intention before you start the rest of your day.
It is so important to keep in mind that these have to be intentional things that you plan to do. Getting up and doing something different each morning wouldn’t qualify as having a morning routine.
Most likely you have some sort of routine that you go through each morning now. The question is, does your morning routine set you up for success throughout your entire day? The major benefit of a morning routine is the impact that it has on your efficiency, productivity and outlook as you go through your day.
Simple Morning Routine
If you are totally new to the idea of a morning routine or you are considering trying again after having fallen off the bandwagon, so to speak, start small. This is especially true if you are skeptical or struggling with the idea of committing to a morning routine.
You most likely have a list of things that you would rather wake up and do than work your way through a morning routine list. Am I right? If so, just pick three or four things that feel do-able to you from the list below. It is absolutely worth your time. Once you are comfortable with those, try adding one more. Just remember, doing something is always better than doing nothing.
Morning Routine Ideas
As you read through the morning routine ideas below keep in mind you do NOT need to do all of them. If you have the time and are committed to doing so, go for it. The reality is you will have to be a master time-manager to pull it off.
Ok, let’s get into your morning routine list that you can choose from!
General Ideas (Ideal for newbies)
- Wake up Early ~ I know this isn’t for everyone but morning routines of successful people everywhere include waking up well before their first commitment for the day. You will need time to complete the following ideas so it makes sense.
- Hydrate ~ Most of us are inclined to reach for a cup of coffee or tea first thing in the morning. It is actually far better for you to hydrate with water first. Did you know drinking water first thing in the morning is known to kickstart your metabolism?
- Prayer or Meditation ~ Take a few minutes first thing in the morning to pray or meditate. Having this quiet time of reflection and gratitude sets the pace for your day.
- Clean up ~ Take a few minutes to make your bed, tidy up around where you sleep so it is relaxing when you come back here tonight.
- Healthy Breakfast ~ Take a few minutes, even if it’s on the go, to eat a healthy breakfast. Kickstart your body with the nutrients it needs. No time to make a healthy breakfast? Fresh Meal Plan sends a healthy breakfast right to your door!
- Good Morning Text ~ Once you have finished your other morning routine ideas send a good morning text to someone you care about. This is a fun thing to add that does so much to foster healthy relationships.
More Ideas for Your Morning Patterns
These ideas can require more time and commitment. If you see one that you want to add to your routine, go for it! The idea here is to address you body, spirit and mind as you prepare for the day ahead. Only you know what will work best for you.
- Stretch or Exercise ~ Even if you can only commit 10 minutes in the morning to this you will feel the difference in your readiness to tackle the day ahead!
- Cold Shower ~ I know it sounds crazy but taking a cold shower wakes you up and makes you alert. While the first few seconds are a bit alarming it will feel refreshing. If you have a pool, go for a quick dip!
- Read Daily Devotion or Motivation ~ This is all about the power of positivity. Read your devotion or motivation and reflect on what it means to you. This is one of my favorite things to do in the morning! It get’s your mind right and has a significant impact on your perspective during the day.
- Daily To Do List ~ Ideally this would happen the day before, BUT, if it didn’t go ahead and make one. Remember this is all about intentionally planning your day and having a positive attitude toward it.
- Visualize Your Day ~ Literally sit with your eyes closed and mentally go through your to do list. Visualize yourself completing them. Seeing yourself complete your list does wonders for your subconscious attitude toward what you need to accomplish. It seems silly but once you do this enough you will be a believer in this process! It works.
- Do Your Hair & Makeup ~ Even if you aren’t planning to leave the house, do whatever you do when you are. You are much more likely to move with a purpose if you do. Not to mention it just feels good.
- Listen to Motivating Music or a Podcast ~ While you are getting showered and dressed listen to something to motivate you or makes you feel good. I like to rotate between the two.
Stick To It
Whichever ideas you choose to do, stick to them for at least a week. If one of them just isn’t feeling right switch it up.
Remember, you are aiming for a routine that you do every morning and it’s a commitment you are making to yourself. The difference you will feel after having done this for a while is amazing. Suddenly you will find yourself more energized, more positive and generally having a more refreshed outlook on your day.
It’s important to keep in mind that you will want to see how long each one takes the first couple of days you do this so you know how much time you need to dedicate to each one. I have found that I can accomplish all of my morning routine in less than an hour. Just leave yourself a bit of extra time the first several days and you will work through how long you need in no time.
Well, there it is! Super simple and a list of 13 morning routine ideas for success throughout your day!
If you are really focused on improving your morning routine and your self care habits you should pop over to our Personal Wellness blog page. There are several posts written specifically about these topics.
Want to get a kickstart on your morning routine? Click on the image below to download your morning routine checklist that includes a blank version for you to make your own!
This post was all about morning routine ideas for success and how to create a simple morning routine to start your day off right!
Leave a Reply