Thanks for stopping by. I’m Kristen, creator of Simple Desert Living and known by my friends and family as the opinionated and quirky one. What can I say? It’s true… I definitely dance to my own music.
My journey to blogging has been interesting and full of amazing experiences. I grew up in the Army and moved all over the place as a kid. My amazing husband (and high school sweetheart) joined the military shortly into our marriage and I got the pleasure of joining him on his journey.
I have two brilliant kids that are both grown and off living their lives. They are truly such good people which makes me very honored to be their mom. I’m a family woman through and through. Make me choose between a day with my family or a week at a resort… I choose family every time. They are truly my best accomplishment in life.
I’m an outspoken and opinionated Christian woman on a mission to live my best life. I know, those things are not always synonymous, but, hey, that’s me!
Having had successful careers in both business and education I am now spending my time sharing my passion for helping women realize all they are capable of. I enjoy helping people to see the big picture, from a bird’s eye view, then break down, plan, organize and execute that plan with reflection built into the process.
I believe that each of us, as individuals, experiences both good and bad situations. The choices we make along the way mold us into who we are. While it’s never easy going through difficult times, I’ve learned first hand that the hardest situations in our lives make us stronger and more determined than ever to be the best version of ourselves. IF we choose to.
Everyone has gifts and skills that can be capitalized on when we take the time to understand what they are. I believe our journey never really ends. We are constantly in a cycle of experiences, learning and growth. That is the true beauty of life.
Top 7 Tips for Living a Fulfilled Life
- Embrace change! I am a planner and “preparer for all things” in hopes of avoiding chaos but I have learned the hard way that embracing the changes that come your way is without a doubt the way to go.
- Get organized. Yep, I am THAT girl! Don’t get me wrong, I can deviate when necessary ~ but organization = peace of mind.
- Create something. Strange I know but creating something from nothing or from other things is rewarding in ways I can’t explain. Try it!
- Know your limits. We all have them so pretending we don’t makes us live in the first tip WAY TOO OFTEN.
- See and do something new! Nothing makes you appreciate life more than this.
- Take some time for reflection. Truly one of the most important things we can do in life.
- Say what you mean and mean what you say. Don’t get too excited… there is a lot to this but intentional living is a choice we should all make.