Figuring out how to find your purpose in life can be a struggle. Especially when you’re already feeling frustrated or overwhelmed.
Have you ever woken up and thought to yourself, “how did I get here?”
The busyness of life is undeniable and even expected. That’s what makes it so easy to allow days, weeks, months and sometimes even years to pass before you realize life took an unexpected turn somewhere along the way.
The next thing you know, all of the things that REALLY matter in life have been lost or pushed to the back burner. You didn’t mean to do it, but here you are.
You may not even remember what your goals were or where you were headed when this all started.
Disclaimer: Affiliate links are used on my website. If you purchase a product or service via my link I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I love, use and believe in. You can read my full disclosure here.
SAVE THIS POST FOR LATER
- SAVE THIS POST FOR LATER
- How To Find Your Purpose In Life
- Purpose & Passion – What’s the Difference?
- Better Self Through Self Discovery Quiz
- Self Discovery Questions – The Purpose
- Summarize Your Self Discovery Assessment Scores
- How To Interpret Your Self Discovery Exercise
- How To Find Your Purpose In Life Through Self Discovery
- Self Care, Productivity, Personal Growth and Healthy Mindset Coach
How To Find Your Purpose In Life
When you have neglected your personal goals, self care and lost your vision in life it’s important to step back and assess.
Self discovery is all about using specific questions to help you gain perspective on where you are actually spending your time.
You will also be able to see what areas need the most attention without any preconceived notions.
Now, this post isn’t about goal setting. Pop over HERE to read more about setting goals. This post really focuses on intentionally taking time to ask yourself these x questions.
These self discovery questions will help you find your purpose by assessing where you have spent your time, understanding what your priorities are and being honest about the results.
Purpose & Passion – What’s the Difference?
You may find yourself wondering what is my purpose in life?
Rest assured you are not alone. When you are caught up in the busyness of day-to-day life it is easy to lose sight of your goals.
It’s even easy to lose focus.
We all have that moment when you look at yourself and say, What am I doing? How did I get here?
You may even ask yourself if you’ve lost sight of your original goals in life.
Your natural tendencies can help you find your purpose in life, focus on what’s important and hone in on the things you want to improve to find balance.
Ultimately, you will be able to answer the question of how to find your purpose and passion in life.
Better Self Through Self Discovery Quiz
If you want to find your purpose in life again the key is to do a monthly self discovery inventory.
Intentionally set aside time to reflect and consider some very specific questions.
Remember, you deserve this! No matter what life situation you are in, you deserve to live your best life.
Make the commitment to schedule just 30 minutes a month to sit down and these 12 self discovery questions to find your purpose and passion in life.
How To Use This Self-Assessment
Rate your answers to each question on a scale of 1-5.
1 = Not satisfied in the least
3 = Neither dissatisfied or satisfied
5 = Completely satisfied
GRAB THE FREE ASSESSMENT HERE!
Self Discovery Questions – The Purpose
These questions help you assess your general life balance in the main areas of self care which all correlate with your general feeling of satisfaction and happiness with life. The focus here is intentionally broad.
When you want to do a self discovery assessment go into it without inhibition.
Keep in mind this is for you, and only you, to understand where you are thriving and where you are surviving in your life.
TIP: As you work your way through this self discovery assessment trust your gut. Don’t overthink it. You won’t find answers by tricking yourself or talking yourself into the answer you want to have rather than the truth.
How To Find Your Purpose in Life Quiz
- FAMILY: How satisfied are you with your familial relationships?
- LOVE: Are you satisfied with your love life?
- FRIENDSHIP: How satisfied are you with your friendships and your support network?
- COMMUNITY: Are you satisfied with your involvement in your community and what you do for others?
- LEARNING: How satisfied are you with the new skills and information you have gained?
- TEACHING: Are you satisfied with the skills and knowledge that you have shared with others?
- CAREER: How satisfied are you with your career as a whole?
- CREATIVITY: Are you satisfied with the opportunities you have taken to be creative?
- PHYSICAL: How satisfied are you with your physical fitness and general health?
- ENVIRONMENT: Are you satisfied with the environment that you find yourself in on a regular basis?
- SPIRITUAL: How satisfied are you with your spiritual life?
- ADVENTURE: Are you satisfied with your level of engagement in new activities and adventures?
Summarize Your Self Discovery Assessment Scores
Now that you’ve asked yourself these 12 critical questions of self-discovery you need to assess your results.
To interpret your results here are some steps to take to summarize your self-assessment scores.
How many questions received a score of 5? Then, how many got a score of 4?
Next, just keep going through this process.
It might look something like this….
Score of 5 – 3 Score of 4 – 3 Score of 3 – 3 Score of 2 – 2 Score of 1 – 1
All 12 of your responses are included in the scoring.
Now you have your results completely totaled. Use the next section to interpret your satisfaction with each area of your life.
How To Interpret Your Self Discovery Exercise
- Did you have a specific question that was far outside the norm?
- Example: Most of your responses were 3’s and 4’s but one or two scored a 1
- Tip: You have discovered an area of your life that is not balanced. Consider what you would like to do to enhance your life in this area. Be intentional about it so you don’t slip backward on the areas of your life that are balanced. Don’t forget to schedule time to continue to develop all areas of your life.
- Were your responses to the self-discovery questions consistent?
- Example: All of your responses were 3’s and 4’s
- Tip: You have found balance (even if it wasn’t intentional). Way to go! Next, focus on how to intentionally KEEP that balance in your life. Use a planner to schedule time to continue to grow in all areas of your life!
- Did your scores span across the entire scoring scale?
- Example: You had scores in all or most of the 5 scoring responses
- Interpretation – Most likely you are going through a time of turmoil where you don’t feel in control of your time. Try using a planner to intentionally focus on each area of the self discovery assessment every week.
- Tip: Don’t worry. We’ve all been there. It’s all about having a life plan and being intentional about fulfilling it. One day at a time and you will find balance.
- Are your scores all in the 4 and 5 range?
- Interpretation – You are generally pleased with all areas of your life and you have successfully found balance all or most of the time.
- Tip: Don’t settle for good enough. Consider what you would like to see improve in all areas of your life. Plan accordingly and be sure not to neglect one area to build another.
How To Find Your Purpose In Life Through Self Discovery
Every area of your life is important and requires attention in order to find balance in your life.
Now, you have an idea of what to focus on as you seek balance.
How do you find your purpose in life though? Finding your true purpose in life can be hard.
If you’re trying to find your purpose in life, review your assessment results and look at what you naturally excelled at.
When you see those numbers (or results) does it make you happy? Are you pleased with the areas of your life that you scored highest in?
Are you disappointed in the areas of your life that you were most pleased with?
Remember, the key is to find balance. As you embark on your journey of self growth and happiness accept where you are without judgement. Then, make a plan for how you would like to grow.
Showing self-love through this process is very important.
TIP: Finding your purpose in life is all about understanding what naturally brings you joy. Sappy, yes… but it’s true! Which areas of your life bring you fulfillment and joy? Your purpose in life most likely lies in those areas.
Self Care, Productivity, Personal Growth and Healthy Mindset Coach
Let me deliver my latest blog posts directly to your inbox!
Enter your name and email below to subscribe to my weekly healthy mindset newsletter.
Be sure to comment down below on how you found your purpose in life. What do you struggle with?
Let’s encourage each other through this process!
SAVE THIS POST FOR LATER
OTHER POSTS YOU’LL LOVE:
Find your purpose in life through self discovery using our self-discovery assessment.
Leave a Reply