Are you looking for some activities to find joy and happiness again? Life can get really hard and monotonous sometimes. There are times when you just need to intentionally spark some joy in your life again. This post will give you 30 simple (and cheap) activities to tap into your joy and happiness again.
If you are caught up in the day-to-day grind and needing to find true happiness in life again, you are not alone. It is so easy to find yourself in that place.
You wake up and realize life is feeling a little (or a lot) like you’re living in a rat race.
Let’s be honest. Sometimes you just want to keep your focus on the good things in life. And sometimes, shifting your focus away from the struggles of daily life is just what you need to renew your spirit.
These 30 simple activities will help you do just that. Find joy and happiness in the simplest things in life with these 30 tips!
Disclaimer: Affiliate links are used on my website. If you purchase a product or service via my link I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I love, use and believe in. You can read my full disclosure here.
Find Joy and Happiness in Nature
You don’t have to live in the country to find some peace and calm in nature. There is a common misconception that you have to pack up and reconnect with none of the conveniences of technology to do this. SO UNTRUE!! You can absolutely find joy and happiness right where you are. You just have to know where to look!
Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE to go camping and reconnect with nature. The reality is, it isn’t always possible. So, you have to find ways to appreciate what nature has to offer right where you are!
These 10 ideas will get you started with ways to find joy in nature.
- Take a Walk
- Whether it’s down a path you walk often or you typically avoid any kind of walking it’s SO therapeutic.
- Intentionally look at what you pass (trees, flowers, the sky, buildings, people, etc.)
- Explore a New Trail
- Trails are literally everywhere now so explore something new. Find joy and happiness in nature!
- Looking for a trail near you? Try using the All Trails app. It has over 200,000 trails!
- Walk a Dog at Your Local Animal Shelter
- There are 6.5 million pets in animal shelters in the US every year that need some love and attention.
- Call one near you and schedule to walk or play with them.
- Check out local rescues by searching “animal rescue” or “animal shelter” near me.
- Plan a Group Activity Outdoors
- You can literally do just about anything with as few or many people as you like!
- Go on a Picnic
- Yep, there is nothing more relaxing than going on a picnic!
- Let the meal be simple and take a special drink along!
- Take a Photo Walk
- Intentionally seek out 10 pictures of things that are memorable on your walk.
- Nothing helps you find joy and happiness more than capturing the outdoors.
- Print a picture for a collage wall!
- Start a Container Garden
- You can do 1 pot or 10… it doesn’t matter. Plant something beautiful or a veggie plant for your table!
- Get Fresh Flowers for Your Table
- Bring the outdoors indoors with some gorgeous fresh cut flowers!
- Try a New Outdoor Sport or Activity
- Plan a Weekly Walk With a Friend
Any of these activities will help you find joy and happiness through nature with little to no cost to you!
Find Joy and Happiness in Self-Care
Did you know that women are most likely to avoid self care in place of caring for others? This is such an important part of nurturing your body, mind and spirit. You can’t afford to neglect your self care.
If you have read any of my other posts you know how important self care is for you to find joy and happiness. It may seem silly or like something you don’t have time for. The reality is you don’t have time to ignore it. That leads to a path of frustration, exhaustion and burnout!
Highly successful women around the world know and understand this. They schedule time for their self care! Read more about it on my post, Habits of Highly Successful Women here.
These 10 ideas will help you find joy and happiness through Self Care!
- Reflect on a Happy Time in Your Life
- Intentionally focusing on a time that you were happy is very therapeutic.
- Take a Bubble Bath
- Try using your favorite liquid soap or essential oils to set the mood!
- Get a Massage
- Ok, this one does cost a bit but it’s worth it. Who can’t find joy and happiness in a great massage?
- Do 15-30 Minutes of Yoga or Pilates
- Low impact and decrease stress!
- Looking for a way to stream some great workouts? Check out BeachBody for an AMAZING lineup right in your home!
- Start a Journal
- Journaling with intention daily is a great way to find joy and happiness in your life.
- This is my favorite journal for self care!
- Reward Yourself for Meeting a Goal
- Have a goal that you have been struggling to meet? Plan a self-reward. Big or small.. reward yourself!
- Dedicate 5 Minutes Daily to Prayer or Meditation
- Call Someone You Respect or Shares Your Values
- Schedule it so you don’t skip it!
- Plan a Girl’s Night
- Write a Thank You Note Every Thursday
- Participate in Thankful Thursday!
These were just 10 ideas to find joy and happiness through self care! Looking for some more ideas? I have a whole post with 73 Life-Changing Self Care Ideas Every Woman Should Try. Check it out here!
10 Kind Acts to Find Joy and Happiness
Nothing, and I really mean nothing, helps you find joy and happiness more than doing for others. The best part is, the options are limitless!
It is SO EASY to get caught up in the monotony of every day life and hyper-focus on your worries. There will always be things in your life that you want to improve on. That’s just life, right!
These are 10 simple ideas to find joy and happiness through doing kind acts for others.
- Make it a Point to Smile at 10 People Today
- A smile can uplift you and others around you! It’s powerful, try it!
- Hold the Door For Someone
- Pick Up the Tab for Someone at a Restaurant or Coffee Shop
- This is one of my favorites. Just paying $7 for a coffee can totally change a person’s day… and yours.
- Be Generous Tipping
- Try tipping more than you normally would. Not only will you find joy and happiness in doing something kind for your server, it can totally change their day for the better.
- Pick the Weeds for Your Neighbor
- Absolutely zero cost and a huge help
- Plan a Trash Walk in Your Neighborhood
- You can even invite others to participate!
- Leave a Note of Appreciation
- Again, limitless options and you can use a sticky note or a cute notecard.
- Plan a “You Pick” Date
- This can be with your significant other, child, friend, parent, sibling…
- They pick the activity and you go all in!
- Make Lunch for Your Friend or Co-worker
- Volunteer at Your Local Homeless Shelter
These were just 10 ideas for you to find joy and happiness in doing kind things for others. There are so many things you can do!
Do you have a special skill or crafting ability? If so, try doing that for someone. It feels good to focus on others.
It seems a bit backwards, but focusing on others when you are feeling especially down is cathartic! Don’t believe me? Just try it! There is something about realizing everyone is dealing something difficult that just makes your own worries less significant. To put it simply it helps put everything into perspective!
Find Joy & Happiness With These 30 Ideas
When you really break it down happiness is a frame of mind. It’s truly a choice that we make… whether that is a conscious or subconscious decision.
In the worst times, on the hardest days, it feels impossible to even consider CHOOSING happiness. You didn’t ask for this mess. Am I right? Please tell me I’m not the only one…
The best thing to do in this situation is focus on something that shifts your focus. No… your situation won’t miraculously change because you focus on something else. What it will do is allow you to get a clear mind for when your situation needs your attention again.
Be sure to comment below on what brings YOU joy and happiness!
This post was all about 30 ideas to find joy and happiness in any situation in nature, through self care and acts of kindness.