Fall rings in the season of sweaters, cider and feelings of warmth and crisp fresh air. Looking for some Fall self care ideas to rejuvenate your body, mind and soul?
Try these 56 ideas to stay positive and focus on the amazing things your life has to offer!
These ideas will help you finish off the year strong as you head into the holiday season.
Disclaimer: Affiliate links are used on my website. If you purchase a product or service via my link I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I love, use and believe in. You can read my full disclosure here.
SAVE THIS POST FOR LATER
Self Care Ideas
Browse through these 56 self care ideas to keep yourself feeling great as the weather changes and your days become more busy.
They have been broken down into each of the 8 Self Care Essential areas specifically for the Fall season.
Read more about the 8 Self Care Essentials HERE!
7 Physical Self Care Ideas For Fall
- Take a walk outside
- Soak in the beauty of the changing landscape. Fall holds so many gorgeous changes in our environment. Take a moment to really stop and appreciate the beauty of it all.
- Swap out your warm weather bedding
- Feel like you are in a luxurious hotel when you climb into your own bed for a renewing night of sleep. Try a down alternative comforter! They feel AMAZING and are affordable!
- Put a soft throw blanket on your favorite chair
- Have a soft, throw blanket ready to wrap up in. Nothing says Fall like a plush blanket that wraps you up in warmth.
- Have some fresh fall apple pie for dessert
- Enjoy a slice of wholesome goodness that is made with the most delicious fall apples! Did you know you can cut the sugar by ⅔ when making apple pie? Decrease your sugar and enjoy this fall favorite! Warm it up with a small scoop of your favorite healthy ice cream.
- Set an alarm to go to sleep early
- As the days get a little shorter, set an alarm to turn in early. You will feel rejuvenated and completely rested when you wake up. Need a little help falling asleep? Try taking a bit of melatonin to relax and get a comforting night of sleep.
- Start your day with a Morning Routine in front of a window
- Having a morning routine is important to start your day with a renewed spirit. Enjoy your morning routine in front of a window to take in the beauty of Fall happening right outside your window. Read about the importance of having a morning routine HERE!
- Stretch during your mid-day break
- As the weather cools off, the time you spend outside may decrease a bit. Take a few minutes to stretch and focus on your breathing. You will be more relaxed and feel great after a good stretch.
7 Fall Emotional Self Care Ideas
- Start a Fall journal
- Journaling is one of the best things you can do for your self care. Try starting a new journal at the beginning of each season. Grab my favorite Fall Journal HERE!
- Make a commitment for better balance
- Fall is the beginning of a busy season. Make a commitment to yourself to find balance in your time, approach and schedule.
- Decrease stress with expectation management
- My favorite prayer for this self care idea is The Serenity Prayer. Perfect for Fall and every season of your life.
- Dedicate time to show gratitude every day
- Focus on your emotional self care by being intentional about showing gratitude for the things that you appreciate in your life. Nothing helps make the hard things a little less overwhelming than a reminder of the good things.
- Contribute to a cause you believe in
- As the holiday season approaches there is no better time to help out. Whether that is time or money, do what you can to make a difference. It’s good for the soul and your community.
- Ask for help
- There is nothing weak in asking for help sometimes. If you have something on your to do list that you are struggling with, ask for a little help.
- Take a bubble bath
- Soak in a luxurious bubble bath with your favorite Fall scents.
7 Fall Social Self Care Ideas
- Post gratitude on thankful Thursdays
- Post things and causes you are thankful for on Thursdays to join the Thankful Thursday movement. What says Fall more than thankfulness?
- Revisit your “friends” on social media
- Use the Fall season to clean up the people you receive feed from. If they bring you down constantly, rethink it.
- Plan brunch with a close friend
- Make a delicious and guilt free brunch with someone you don’t get to spend enough time with.
- Schedule a special date night
- Spend quality time with someone special. Your significant other, sibling, child, friend or family member. Tight on cash? Make a Fall favorite at home!
- Take a weekly walk with a friend
- Use this time to get out, see the sights and connect with people you haven’t had much time for lately. Stay connected.
- Attend Oktoberfest with friends or family
- Take advantage of the tastes of the Fall season internationally at Oktoberfest!
- Call someone you haven’t talked to in a while
- Take advantage of the opportunity to connect with someone you haven’t talked to recently. Do it in Fall before it feels like the “obligatory” Christmas call.
7 Psychological / Mental Self Care Ideas For Fall
- Create a Fall craft for your home
- Do something new or familiar. Whatever you do, create something!
- Problem solve a difficult task on the horizon
- Try following a reverse order solution. Write your goal down then work it backwards to determine how to tackle the big task.
- Learn how to do something new
- Is there something you have been saying you were going to learn to make your life easier? There is no better time than now!
- Plan to help a co-worker or family member
- Strategize how you will do something kind for them!
- Make a new Fall recipe
- Try a new recipe to ring in the Fall season! Check out these 24 delicious recipes!
- Write 5 affirmations to review this month
- Using affirmations is a great way to stay positive and focused on the good things in your life.
- Create a to do list
- Stay focused and productive with a solid to-do list! Grab my fall themed planner for free here with 3 to do page options and SO MUCH more!
Use our Favorite Fall Planner to schedule your time, make to do lists and so much more!
Includes everything you need to have a solid plan for scheduling your time and being more productive!
7 Professional Self Care Ideas Perfect For Fall
- Document your accomplishments
- Dedicate a few minutes to sit down and write all of the things you’ve accomplished so far this year!
- List your remaining goals for the year
- Finish the year out strong with a good understanding of what you still want to accomplish in the coming months.
- Think of two things you want to learn
- What two things would make your life easier? Write them down and look for both free and paid options to learn them!
- Write a letter to yourself
- It sounds a little ridiculous but write a letter to yourself to open later (set a date or time) with what your goals are and what you have accomplished so far.
- Set start and end times for your “work” day
- Having healthy boundaries between your work and home life are critical! Be 100% in whichever role you’re in at the moment.
- Use a planner to schedule your time
- It’s important to plan how you will use your time to work efficiently. Schedule your time and stick to it whenever possible. Our Fall Planner has an hourly, weekly and monthly planner as well as to do lists!
7 Fall Environmental Self Care Ideas
- Organize your bathroom cabinets
- The holidays are known to bring in a lot of self care items. Work ahead and clear out the things you don’t use anymore.
- Clean up your cookbooks and recipes
- You will most likely be cooking or baking more than usual as the holiday season approaches. Get prepared by cleaning everything up!
- Set your budget for the holiday gift season
- Start planning now (if you haven’t already) for the gifts you will give this Christmas. Read our post on Budget Friendly Gifts HERE!
- Put your Summer clothes away for the season
- Use some under bed or top of the closet storage containers to move your “out of season” clothes out of the way.
- Clean up your holiday storage area
- You probably have an area where you keep all of your holiday storage. Try having a bucket for all but one season. Switch out the label when you put last seasons in this season’s bucket!
- Organize your baking drawers
- In preparation for the holidays organize your baking drawer and cabinets.
- Clean up your bathtub area
- Fall and the upcoming holiday season tend to be busy! Clean up your bath area to create the most relaxing environment possible.
7 Spiritual Self Care Ideas For Fall
- Use driving time for reflection and prayer
- Ok, keep your eyes open people. There is no better time for quiet thought.
- Add daily devotions or inspiration to your morning routine
- Having a great start to your day is key! Ensure it begins with calm and inspiration by reading daily devotions or inspiration. Read our post on Morning Routines HERE!
- Schedule 15 minutes of quiet time daily
- The value of having time where you can just sit and think and drink a cup of hot tea, cocoa or coffee is priceless!
- Listen to inspirational music on a walk
- Music is a great way to center and refocus. Listen to music that moves your soul OR gets you focused on the things you want to be focused on.
- Watch a movie that inspires gratitude
- Unwind with one of these movies that focus on gratefulness! PJ’s and popcorn, here you come!
- Charlie Brown Thanksgiving
- Bethany Hamilton: Unstoppable
- It’s a Wonderful Life
- Faith Hope and Love
- Freaky Friday
- Mr. Holland’s Opus
- The Pursuit of Happiness
- Unwind with one of these movies that focus on gratefulness! PJ’s and popcorn, here you come!
- Fast from something you usually have for a day
- Try fasting. It’s a great way to truly appreciate the things you have. Keep in mind it doesn’t have to be food!
- Write a letter, note, email or text to a mentor
- Write a note or letter of gratitude to someone who impacted your life.
7 Fall Financial Self Care Ideas
- Use cash for your “spending” money this week
- Did you know that you are likely to spend far less if you use cash? Try it, it works!
- Plan your meals for the week
- Eating out is the #1 money pit for Americans! Plan your meals to avoid eating out as much. Read our post on Meal Planning here!
- Review your digital bank statement
- It is always good to schedule time regularly to review your activity and statements with your bank. Don’t get surprised when it’s too late!
- Plan your Fall decoration budget
- If you are planning to add some fall decor, set a budget for yourself and stick to it. Your house will look great and you will feel good about it!
- Start your Christmas Gift Budget
- You may have already done this. If so, perfect! If not, it’s always a good idea to decide what you want to spend this holiday season.
- Plan your Christmas Gifts
- Don’t let gift giving be frustrating and overwhelming by waiting till the last minute. Last minute gifts tend to be far more expensive! Read our post on Christmas Gift Planning & Budgeting HERE!
- Set aside some money to pamper you
- This can be as little or as much as you want to spend (or can afford) but plan to do something special for you and budget for it!
There are so many ideas to focus on self care during Fall!
Be sure to take care of yourself in what is sure to be a busy season.
SAVE THIS PIN FOR LATER HERE
56 Ideas | Self Care For Fall
This post was all about 57 ideas for self care during Fall that fall into all 8 self care essential categories!