Looking for some relationship conversation starters to do with your partner? These couples conversation starters are a great way to spark conversation and fun! Not only are they great questions to start a conversation but you’ll learn new things about your partner too. Build a strong relationship and keep the spark alive in your marriage with these fun couples conversation starters.
Disclaimer: Affiliate links are used on my website. If you purchase a product or service via my link I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I love, use and believe in. You can read my full disclosure here.
SAVE THIS POST FOR LATER
- SAVE THIS POST FOR LATER
- How To Use Questions To Start A Conversation
- Interesting Conversation Topics For Couples
- Use Communication To Connect With Your Partner
- Best Couples Conversation Starters For Date Night
- Self Care, Productivity, Personal Growth and Healthy Mindset Coach
How To Use Questions To Start A Conversation
After being married for almost 30 years to my high school sweetheart we have had some highs and some lows. Through it all, the one thing we always knew is we had to keep the spark alive in our marriage.
Nurturing your relationship and making your partner a priority in your life is not always easy. But it’s always worth it.
You can use these couples conversation starters for your date night, romantic night in, or for just mixing up your normal routine.
Interesting Conversation Topics For Couples
So, you know you want to have fun with some couples conversation starters. Now, the question is, which topics interest you?
Here are some ideas for interesting conversation topics for your date night!
- Childhood Conversation Starters
- Thought-provoking Conversation Starters
- Favorite Memories Conversation Starters
- Romantic Conversation Starters
- Funny Conversation Starters
- Flirty Conversation Starters
- This or That Conversation Starters
Use Communication To Connect With Your Partner
Now, we’re gonna dig into some fun ways to start a conversation.
Here are some tips for using conversation starters with your partner.
- Have fun with it
- Don’t take it too seriously. Let yourself have fun!
- Don’t look for the perfect answer…
- You, nor your partner are perfect. Don’t expect to give or get perfect or “ideal” answers.
- If you really want to get to know your partner better, hear their answers and let them be what they are.
- Take turns answering questions
- Put the questions in the middle of the space you’re sitting in and take turns asking and answering questions.
Finally, here are the couples conversation starters to use…
Childhood Conversation Starters
- Who was your favorite teacher?
- What was your favorite subject in school?
- Who are you most like in your family?
- Did you have imaginary friends growing up?
- Who did you play with most as a child?
- What was your childhood pet’s name?
- How did you get to school?
- Who was your childhood crush?
- Best Halloween costume you’ve ever worn…
- I never got caught when I …
- I will never forget the time …
- The toy I never got that I always wanted …
- I always wanted to _____ but never did.
- My family used to …
- Family member who always says inappropriate things
- I went to ____ (#) schools growing up.
- First childhood memory
- Describe you as a child in five words
Thought-Provoking Questions To Ask Your Partner
- What makes life meaningful?
- Who inspires you to be a better person?
- When you see a homeless person …
- Cutting corners is _____
- Natural disaster that you fear most
- If you could change one thing, what would it be?
- My dream job would be …
- _____ makes me excited every time.
- One thing I could never do
- Someone that made a difference in my life
- I enjoy giving people …
- Sometimes I wish that people would …
- A house is a home when …
- The most redeeming quality I learned growing up
- If I could say one thing to my grandma it would be …
- Best book I ever read
- Something I wish I could change
- If I could do anything I would …
Favorite Memories Conversation Starters
- What is the first movie you remember seeing?
- The best family dinner you remember…
- What was your favorite TV show growing up?
- When you were little, what was your favorite outdoor activity?
- What is your favorite comfort food?
- The last time I did something really risky
- Funniest holiday memory
- Best memory with my friends
- My favorite memory from our first date
- Best memory of all time
- I will never forget when you …
- Most generous thing you did that I will never forget …
- Best trip we ever took was …
- Most memorable holiday experience
- What changed my outlook on life
- One thing I will never forget
- Last time I did an outdoor activity …
- Every time I’m homesick I …
KEEP SCROLLING FOR MORE!!!
Romantic Conversation Starters
- Describe your dream date
- Your most romantic experience with me was …
- What do you love most about our relationship?
- A difference between us you’re thankful for
- Best date we ever went on
- Something I do that you love …
- What is the favorite thing we do together
- Something about me that makes you smile
- Who inspires you to love?
- How would you define a successful marriage?
- The moment you knew you were falling in love…
- What is your favorite thing I do for you?
- 3 things to add to our “Things to do together” list
- 1 thing I wish we told each other more
- A relationship you admire is …
- Sweetest thing I’ve ever done for you
- What makes you feel loved?
- When I’m with you I feel …
Funny Conversation Starters
- A guilty pleasure I enjoy is …
- Something I do that annoys you
- Kindest thing I do for you… that you wish I didn’t do…
- Restaurant you love and I don’t …
- Worst date we ever went on
- I need “Me Time” when …
- Funniest thing I’ve ever done…
- Most embarrassing moment
- Worst school experience
- First kiss …
- Celebrity that would play you in a movie about your life…
- Worst pick-up line I ever used
- What is your spirit animal?
- Conspiracy theory that could actually be true…
- If I could be a fly on a wall I would …
- Show me your best dance move
- If I could change my name it would be …
- Most clumsy moment of my life
Flirty Conversation Starters
- How do you like to be greeted in the morning?
- Love song that represents us…
- Describe your dream anniversary trip
- Something we haven’t done yet…
- Biggest turn on
- Describe a fantasy
- Your favorite part of my body
- #1 way to spice up our relationship
- Describe your dream romantic weekend
- Tell me what seduction means to you
- What superhero would be?
- Most seductive food
- Most flirtatious behavior that you want to try
- One outfit I wear that turns you on
- Favorite time to cuddle
- What makes you shiver
- Who should make the first move?
- That thing I do that …
- Favorite color
This or That Conversation Starters
- Toilet paper … Beard (over the top) or Mullet (hanging behind)
- Clean laundry … In the hamper or Put Away
- Beach or Mountains
- Car or Plane
- Christmas… At Home or Destination
- Coffee or Tea
- Sweet or Savory
- Cake or Pie
- Walk or Bicycle
- Dog or Cat
- Morning Person or Night Owl
- Movie at Home or Go To The Theater
- Formal Dinner or Burger & Fries
- Documentary or Drama
- Rom-Com or Stand-up
- Have a Plan or Wing It
- Couples Massage or Go For a Hike
- All Inclusive Resort or Cabin in the Woods
Best Couples Conversation Starters For Date Night
Hopefully these couples conversation starters will help you have an amazing date night!
Check out all the different types of conversation starters for couples! If you don’t want to write them down, check out these printable date night conversation starters. So, whether you just snag these ideas or grab the finished product here, add some spice to your life with some deep conversation!
SAVE THIS POST FOR LATER
OTHER POSTS YOU’LL LOVE
Self Care, Productivity, Personal Growth and Healthy Mindset Coach
Let me deliver my latest blog posts directly to your inbox!
Enter your name and email below to subscribe to my weekly healthy mindset newsletter.
Be sure to comment down below on what your favorite couples conversation starters are. What do you have the most fun with and share fun ideas!
This post was all about how to use interesting conversation topics to connect with your partner on a deeper level. Use these couples conversation starters to add some spice to your life!