We all know that good communication is key in any marriage. I would like to think that my husband and I are pretty good at that. It wasn’t always the case, but after almost 30 years of marriage. We’re definitely figuring this out. Finding ways to connect with your husband can be difficult. If you make it fun and a little out of the ordinary… it’s a lot more fun!
We each have our own individual struggles and life situations going on. But we always stay close to one another by putting each other’s feelings first…. At least we try.
These 43 ideas are broken down into random acts of kindness, fun ways to communicate with love and love quotes!
My hope is that these will spark some great ideas and inspiration to connect with your husband and open the lines of communication even further.
Disclaimer: Affiliate links are used on my website. If you purchase a product or service via my link I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I love, use and believe in. You can read my full disclosure here.
SAVE THIS PIN FOR LATER
Table of contents
Random Acts of Kindness to Connect With Your Husband
One way that we can look at connecting with our spouse and having better communication is through simple acts of kindness at home.
Try these 19 ideas for simple acts of kindness you can do for your spouse, right in your own home and during a night out on the town.
- Get up early and fix some coffee and breakfast for him
- Make a ticket book that costs you nothing with little tokens that he can use whenever he wants
- Plan, a special dinner at his favorite restaurant
- Go do an activity that he loves (one you’re usually reluctant to participate in)
- Surprise him by doing the tasks he normally completes around the house
- Show up at work one day with a special lunch
- Plan a movie night with a movie he loves, and do your best to enjoy it =)
- Leave him little love notes in places he will see throughout the week
- Plan to get a sitter and put everything away so you can spend undistracted time together
- Make a little picture book of your favorite moments with him
- Give him a massage
- Send him a love letter
- Plan a friends night for him at his favorite pub
- Recreate your first date
- Bake him fresh cookies (or buy them)
- Get tickets to a movie, game or show he’s been wanting to see
- Plan a romantic dinner at home with a special playlist of your favorite songs
- Clean his car for him
- Send him on a scavenger hunt that leads him to a special surprise
Communicate With Love By Text
Another way that you can better communicate and connect with your spouse is through simple text messages.
Oftentimes, we have a tendency to send text messages that are only related to things that need to be done and get right to the point. Usually this is due to a lack of time.
And let’s be honest, we all have busy schedules, right?
Who says the guys need to be the ones to sweep you off your feet??? Let’s take control and create some romance on our own ladies!!
What’s easier than a text message? It may just arrive exactly when it’s needed too!
Here’s some ideas for text messages you can send to your spouse.
- “Hey, babe, how’s your day going?”
- When he responds, be sure to respond back showing you are interested in what he has to say, by referencing, his response
- “I just wanted to let you know that _________ was so sweet.”
- “I was just sitting here thinking, how great you looked as you left this morning.”
- “Have I told you lately that I love you?”
- “I wanted to let you know what an amazing husband you are. I always know that you’re going to do whatever you can to take care of me.”
- “I’m so glad we’re in this together.”
- “Hey there! I just wanted to let you know that I’m thinking of you and I miss you. Can’t wait to see you when you get home!”
- “I just wanted to check in and see how your projects are going. I know you’re busy, so no need to respond. Just wanted you to know I was thinking of you.”
- “Thank you for everything you do for our little family. I’m so thankful to have a husband that always puts his family first.”
- “Hey babe, I was just thinking of you. I found this picture, and it made me smile.”
- Send a picture from this day, in the past
- Make a meme with a picture from your wedding that will make him smile and send it to him.
- Send a corny poem you write especially for him (even if it’s awful)
- Use voice message over text letting him know you have a surprise when he gets home!
- Send a music video that tells him something you love about him.
- Sing him a song on a voice message
Communicate With Love Quotes
Sometimes one picture can say so much.
Looking for some great quotes you can send to your husband? Here are 9 quotes you can send to your spouse.
Send them a quote in a text, email or display it on your smart TV during a romantic dinner at home.
- What’s better than an Ed Sheeran song? Am I right??
” All that you are is all that I’ll need” ~ Ed Sheeran
2. This quote by Ann Landers is perfect when you want to highlight both your friendship and the hot relationship at the same time!
“Love is friendship that has caught on fire” ~ Ann Landers
3. Sweet sentiments for your husband. “You remind me every day why there is love in the world”
4. Christian Love Quote – The infamous love poem is a great way to focus on what you want your love to be.
1 Corinthians 13: 4-6
5. Funny Romantic Chocolate Saying to make your husband smile… =)
6. Heartfelt quote for your husband.
“I love you not only for what you are, but who I am when I’m with you” by Elizabeth Barrett Browning
7. I Choose You saying is perfect for getting right to the point about how you connect with your husband!
8. Funny Husband Quote to get your husband thinking!
I think you are suffering from a lack of vitamin ME… 🙂
9. Genuine Quote for your spouse –
“You walked in my life and reminded me I am worth loving” ~ Kristen Hale
43 Quirky Ways To Connect With Your Husband
Connecting with your spouse can be difficult at times. As you go through the different seasons of your marriage there will be times when it’ll be really easy, and other times when it’s just a struggle.
Sometimes the best way to connect with your husband is to let your guard down, be a little corny, funny and let loose a bit.
Other times it’s more appropriate to send a more serious message letting him know how much you love him.
Be sure to let your spouse know how much you appreciate them.
The simpler seasons of your marriage tend to be the times when you forget most that your relationship needs to be nurtured.
Do something quirky to remind your husband how much you care!
SAVE THIS PIN FOR LATER
OTHER PINS YOU’LL LOVE
This post was all about 43 ways you can connect with your husband and keep your relationship exciting!